Rekor Systems is seeking a dynamic and self-starting junior iOS Engineer. You will collaborate with a cross-functional team to build applications that harness several of the latest iOS technologies. Rekor Systems is a leader in real-time roadway intelligence solutions harnessing the power of machine learning and AI. The mobile team brings those solutions to smartphones, enabling a whole new class of informed decision-making ability for users.
This role is fully remote. Rekor has offices in Orlando, FL and Columbia, MD, so east coast timezone candidates are preferred (or an ability to operate within Eastern Time core hours).
Role and Responsibilities
- help to design and build mobile applications for iOS using Swift, possibly Objective-C, and the iOS SDK (in addition to select first and third party library integration)
- collaborate with the UI/UX team, other mobile developers, front and back end developers, and engineering leadership to define app features and use cases
- write new feature code as well as perform maintenance and fix bugs for existing products
- help shape the future of mobile products for Rekor Systems
- report to the Director of Mobile Engineering (who will provide regular mentoring and skill building opportunities so you can level up)
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering Or Successful completion of an iOS Engineering bootcamp program Or Self-taught iOS skills combined with a portfolio of app projects you can showcase
- Knowledge and experience using Swift, Objective-C, UIKit, and related technologies to build iOS applications
- Knowledge of Apple’s design principles and application interface guidelines
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills
- A tenacious desire to learn and level up your skills, both hard technical skills as well as the softer interpersonal ones
- A self-starter attitude and an ability to adapt to the constant barrage of challenges that crop up when engineering solutions
- A detail-oriented and accountable nature (someone not afraid to speak up to ensure we get things right)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.