Rekor Systems is looking for a Director of Public Safety Marketing & Strategy to join our rapidly growing team! This person will help our Sales and Marketing teams build and oversee the marketing strategy and execution plan for the domestic and international public safety markets. In addition, this person will liaise with the product development team to help identify trends, market needs and new technology opportunities through market research, customer outreach and strategic partnerships. We are looking for someone who is passionate about public safety and their mission. The Director will interface directly with Sales leadership and team members, as well as with strategic partners and resellers in the public safety space. This role will have direct responsibility for driving greater brand awareness in the public safety market as well as demand and lead generation programs. Reporting directly to the CMO, this role will be supported by a broader team executing on marketing automation, digital marketing, public and media relations and marketing operations efforts.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Drive the marketing business with an emphasis on strategic direction, positioning, product launches and road-map development.
- Drive the marketing positioning and strategy in the US and international pubic safety markets to ensure continued market growth and competitive penetration.
- Develop and manage an annual marketing plan and budget that aligns with business strategies, product development and market needs.
- Conduct customer, market and product research initiatives, generate insights and incorporate insights into current and future plans.
- Work with business development, strategic partners and reseller channel to maximize marketing and sales activities.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Minimum 8 years of experience marketing SaaS products to the public safety sector
- Deep understanding of public safety procurement process
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent experience
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A passion for public safety and their mission
- Experience creating robust marketing campaigns that include digital advertising, social media, events and tradeshows, thought leadership and marketing automation components
- Excellent analytical skills
- Management of marketing budget and ability to demonstrate MROI
- Highly organized and ability to collaborative and able to work cross-functionally
- “Get it done” attitude