We are seeking a talented and passionate Senior Hardware Engineer with a result-driven mindset and excellent technical communication skills. The candidate will be a part of the product development team and play a key role in the improvement of our current hardware design as well as the development of our next-gen systems. You will be working in close collaboration with internal hardware and software teams to understand requirements, research, design, develop, integrate, and test various hardware platforms for our product lines. The candidate will also engage with outside partners to deliver a robust time to market design.
Role and Responsibilities
- Create system architectural, components, and circuit designs to satisfy requirements.
- Create a system and module level block diagrams including system power design and wiring schematics.
- Design, develop, test, evaluate, and RF, Microwave, and Digital hardware solutions for existing and upcoming products and seeing the process from concept through production and test.
- Internal and external product documentation including development plans, design documentation, and user documentation.
- Creation and execution of test plans for hardware design validation.
- Development and support of system production documents.
- Development and support of factory test environments for both board and system-level testing.
- Investigates failure root causes and recommends actions to enhance the system and equipment reliability.
- Provide strong technical support to the Production team and customer performance expectations.
- Document all work clearly and use configuration management tools to track work.
- Keeping up to date with technological and regulatory changes.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent experience. (Master’s Preferred)
- 5+ years of applicable hardware design experience.
- Strong understanding of component selection, power profiles and thermal management.
- Expertise in embedded systems design including MCU, PCB and peripheral selections.
- Debugging and testing at the board level.
- Experienced in BOM generation.
- Experience with Altium Designer.
- Familiarity with drafting tools: SolidWorks, Draftsight, Visio (Or similar Application)
- Thorough understanding of building mechanical and electrical equipment functions and use.
- Experience designing rugged I/O systems that meet ISO 7637-2 and SAE J1113-11 or similar
- Passion for developing new revolutionary products and technologies
- Rapid Prototyping
- 3-D Modeling and Printing
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- FPGA design and VHDL knowledge.
- Experience with Linux.
- Basic programming knowledge: C, Python.
- Basic computer hardware knowledge, including networking.
- Knowledge of or experience with signal processing and microcontrollers is helpful