II. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
a) When You Register on the Sites Or Subscribe to Services
When you register on the Sites or subscribe to Services on the Sites, we may collect the following identifiers that may, alone or in combination with other information, constitute Personal Information:
- Phone number;
- Company name;
- Company size; and
We do not collect payment card information in connection with Service subscriptions. Payment card information is processed by a third party vendor. You have no obligation to provide the Personal Information described above, but if you don’t provide such Personal Information, we may not be able to register you or provide the Services to you. Please note that you have the right to opt out of receiving electronic direct marketing communications, such as newsletters, from us. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below). Should you decide to opt-out of receiving future mailings, we may share your e-mail address with third parties to ensure that you do not receive further communications from third parties. Despite your indicated e-mail preferences, we may send you notices of administrative nature of any updates to our Terms of Service or this Privacy If you have any additional questions about electronic direct marketing received from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
b) When You Register on the Sites Or Subscribe to Services
When you communicate with us in and through the Sites, e-mail us, or otherwise communicate with us, we may collect the following identifiers that may, alone or in combination with other information, constitute Personal Information:
- Contact information such as email address; and
- Content of communications sent to us.
You have no obligation to provide the Personal Information described above, but if you don’t provide such Personal Information, we may not be able to respond to your communications to us.
c) Assistance Over The Phone
You may call our customer service line for information about the Services. If you do so, we may collect the following identifiers that may, alone or in combination with other information, constitute Personal Information:
- Contact information such as email address, postal address, and phone number; and
- Your questions relating to the Services.
You have no obligation to provide the Personal Information described above, but if you don’t provide such Personal Information, we may not be able to provide you the assistance that you request.
If you are interested in our open positions, we may collect the following identifiers and data that may, alone or in combination with other information, constitute Personal Information:
- Contact information such as e-mail address and phone number;
- Link to your portfolio (as applicable; and
- A copy of your resume/cv.
e) Internet Activity Information
Software used on the Sites collects Internet or other electronic network activity information that may, alone or in combination with other information, constitute Personal Information:
- The domain from which you access the Sites;
- The type of browser and operating system used in the device you use to access the Sites;
- Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- The date and time you visited the Sites (time stamp);
- The pages browsed on the Sites;
- The website used to link to the Sites from;
- Any search terms used to navigate the Sites;
- Products purchased and viewed on the Sites;
- A browsing session ID ; and
- Whether you are a first time visitor to the Sites.
For additional information about cookies used on the Sites, please review Section 10 below.
Google Analytics is an element of the Sites. By using cookies, Google Analytics collects and stores data such as time of visit, pages visited, time spent on each page of the Sites, the Internet Protocol address, and the type of operating system used in the devices used to access the Sites. By using a browser plugin available at https://www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin/ provided by Google, you can opt out of Google Analytics.
III. The Sources of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
- You: When you voluntarily provide Personal Information to us; and
- Software: Information automatically collected via cookies, web logs, web beacons, and other software-based analytics tools;
- Our customers; and
- Our service providers.
IV. Why We Collect Personal Information About You
We use Personal Information about you for the following purposes:
- To operate and improve our Sites, including through analytics to help us understand how you use the Sites, so that we can present content in the best manner;
- To provide the Services to you;
- To provide customer service;
- To provide you with any information that you request from us;
- To notify you about changes to the Sites and/or the Services;
- To facilitate our participation in ad networks;
- To enable us to issue a notice, administrative, or corrective action to you in relation to the Sites or the Services, if required;
- To send you direct marketing messages that you have consented to receive;
- To protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- To comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and our own policies; and
- Where permitted by law, to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already subscribed to or inquired about and we feel may interest you.
V. How We Disclose Personal Information
We may disclose the following categories of Personal Information with the following categories of third parties for business purposes:
Category of Personal Information
Category of Third Party
- Internet activity information
- Professional information
Our affiliates (such as subsidiaries that we own)
- Professional information
- Internet activity information
Service providers: We use services providers such as website hosting and management companies, data storage and data analysis companies and marketing technology companies. Such service providers can only use Personal Information to provide such services to use and for no other purpose.
- Professional information
- Internet activity information
Parties to a corporate transaction or proceeding: In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution or similar event, Personal Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Professional information
Public authorities and legal proceedings: Rekor may disclose Personal Information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as required by law, and disclose and use such information as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable laws and lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Site; (d) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (e) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity
- Internet activity information
Our advertising partners
VI. Your Choices Regarding Personal Information About You
If you are a registered user of the Sites, you may change any of Personal Information about in your account by editing your profile within the registration portion of the Sites or by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth below. You may request deletion of your account information by us by sending an email to email@example.com, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete account information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We will otherwise retain Personal Information about you for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services as well as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
VII. California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits the users of the Site who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a California resident you may also have the right:
- To request disclosure of the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information collected about you;
- To request the disclosure of the business purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information; the categories of third parties with whom it is shared, and the categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected;
- To request the deletion of Personal Information, subject to the limitations set forth in California Civil Code Section 1798.105(d); and
- Not to be discriminated against for exercising the rights guaranteed by California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.
For a list of categories of Personal Information collected and the purposes for the processing of that Personal Information, please refer to Sections II and IV above.
b) Requests to Know
You have the right to request that we disclose:
- The categories of Personal Information we collect;
- The categories of Personal Information we have sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- The categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information about you;
- Our business or commercial purpose for selling or collecting Personal Information;
- The categories of Personal Information sold or shared about you, as well as the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold, by category of Personal Information for each party to whom information was sold; and
- The specific pieces of Personal Information collected about you.
Delivery may take place electronically or by mail. We are not required to respond to requests relating to Personal Information more than twice in a 12-month period.
c) Requests to Delete
With certain exceptions, you have the right to request that we delete any Personal Information we have collected about you. Upon receiving a verified request to delete Personal Information about you, we will do so unless otherwise authorized by law.
d) Verifiable Requests
We will acknowledge the receipt of requests to know or requests to delete Personal Information free of charge, within ten (10) business days. In order to protect your privacy and the security of Personal Information, we may verify your request by asking you to provide additional Personal Information for us to verify your identity. We will respond to your request within 45 calendar days of receipt, provided that we have been able to successfully verify your identity.
You may submit a request to know or a request to delete Personal Information via email@example.com.
e) Sale of Personal Information
In the last 12 months, we have not sold Personal Information collected in and through the Site, or Personal Information relating to our customers. Consequently, we do not have an opt-out functionality on the Site.
f) The Right to Non-Discrimination
You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your California privacy rights.
g) Authorized Agents
You may designate an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf. You must provide an authorized agent written permission to submit a request on your behalf, and we may require that you verify your identity directly with us. Alternatively, an authorized agent that has been provided power of attorney pursuant to Probate Code sections 4000-4465 may submit a request on your behalf.
VIII. Data Retention
We will only retain Personal Information about you for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes Personal Information was collected for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of Personal Information, the purposes for which we process Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and applicable legal requirements.
IX. Links to Other Websites
The Site and the Services are not intended for children under the age of 16. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 16 years of age. We do not intentionally collect, sell, or process the Personal Information of individuals under 16 years of age.
The following sets out how we may use different categories of cookies and your options for managing cookie settings:
Type of Cookies
Because required cookies are essential to operate the Site, there is no option to opt out of these cookies.
These cookies collect information about how you use the Sited, including which pages you go to most often and if they receive error messages from certain pages. These cookies do not collect information that individually identifies you. Information is only used to improve how the Sites function and perform. From time to time, we may engage third parties to track and analyze usage and volume statistical information relating to individuals who visit the Sites. We may also utilize Flash cookies for these purposes.
To learn how to opt out of performance cookies using your browser settings, click here. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, click here.
Functionality cookies allow the Sites to remember information you have entered or choices you make (such as your username, language, or your region) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies also enable you to optimize your use of the Sites after logging in. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. We may use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences or display content based upon what you view on the Sites to personalize your visit.
To learn how to opt out of functionality cookies using your browser settings, click here. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, click here.
Targeting or Advertising cookies
To learn more about these and other advertising networks and their opt out instructions, click here. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, click here.
XII. For Residents of the European Economic Area
(a) Legal Basis For Processing Personal Information
The legal bases for our processing of Personal Information about you are as follows:
- Contract: When you subscribe to our Services, we collect Personal Information about you that is necessary for completing that transaction and delivering the products to you;
- Consent: We obtain your consent to collect Personal Information for distinct purposes such as receiving marketing communications from us. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Legitimate Interest: We have a legitimate interest to collect Personal Information about you for certain purposes such as data analytics and the protection and administration of the Sites so that we can (i) understand our customers’ preferences and improve the product selection available on the Sites; (ii) to protect the Sites from information security threats and our company in connection with legal claims and proceedings; (iii) to communicate administrative changes in connection with the use of the Sites; and (iv) to comply with laws that apply to us and the Sites.
(b) Your Rights
You have the following rights with respect to the Personal Information we hold about you:
- The right to know what Personal Information we hold about you;
- The right to have incomplete, incorrect, outdated, or unnecessary Personal Information corrected, deleted, or updated;
- The right to request that we restrict the processing of Personal Information we hold about you in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of Personal Information we hold about you; and/or
- The right to receive any Personal Information we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine-readable format or have such Personal Information transmitted to another company.
In connection with exercising your rights described above, we may request additional Personal Information for purposes of verifying your identity and for no other purpose.
Depending on where you live, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority or other regulatory agency if you believe that we have violated any of the rights concerning Personal Information about you. We encourage you to first reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly before you do so.
To exercise any of the rights described above, contact email@example.com. We seek to promptly respond to your inquiry.
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information. Despite these efforts to store Personal Information collected on and through the Site and otherwise by us in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-parties such as so-called hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Information. We do not warrant or represent that Personal Information about you will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
XIII. Changes to This Notice
XIV. Do Not Track (‘DNT’) Settings
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Because there currently isn’t an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT signals, we don’t respond to them at this time.
XV. Contact Us
This End User License Agreement (“EULA”) sets forth the terms of a legal agreement between you (“Licensee” or “you”) and Rekor Recognition Systems, Inc., a Delaware corporation (“Licensor”, “Rekor”, “we”, “our” or “us”). Rekor is the owner of OpenALPR, openalpr.com, cloud.openalpr.com, and all associated brands, trademarks, and affiliated entities of OpenALPR. This EULA governs your use of (i) certain Rekor software to be downloaded in this installation process and/or (ii) certain licenses and/or license keys to certain Rekor software to be downloaded and/or accessed in this process.
This EULA also governs your use of (a) object code versions of the Rekor software preinstalled on hardware and associated peripherals and provided to you pursuant to a purchase contract, purchase order, or other writing setting forth the terms and conditions governing your purchase (an “Order”); (b) associated software license keys, if any; and (c) all copies of the foregoing (collectively, the “Software”).
Before installing or running the Software, you must check the “I Agree to the EULA” checkbox on the license request page to acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by the EULA. If you accept this EULA or install or use the Software on behalf of a business or governmental entity, then you represent that you have authority to take those actions, and this EULA will be binding on that entity. If you do not agree to the EULA, you may not receive a license key and the Software will not be available for use and you may not use the Software.
- Subject to your full compliance with the terms and conditions of the EULA, Licensor grants to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferrable, non-sub-licensable license to use the Software for your internal business purposes and on the terms set forth below and during the period and at the site as may be specified in the applicable Order.
- Unless otherwise expressly agreed to in writing by Licensor, the terms of this agreement shall supersede any conflicting or additional terms on any applicable Order.
- Licensor owns all right, title and interest, including without limitation, all patent rights, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets, in and to the Software, and any new or modified work that is based on or derived from all or any part of the Software, or any work that would infringe any copyright or any other intellectual property right in the Software or that uses trade secrets or other proprietary information embodied in or used by the Software.
- You shall treat the Software as Rekor confidential information.
- You shall not: (A) create a derivative of the Software in any form; (B) decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Software or any portion of the Software; (C) modify or remove any proprietary or intellectual property notices or markings on the Software; (D) transfer license keys to any other person or entity; (E) violate or circumvent any technological use restrictions in the Software; (F) sell, loan, rent, lease, sublicense, or distribute the Software; (G) use any trademarks or service marks of Rekor or its affiliates (including but not limited to OpenALPR); (H) provide access to or allow use of the Software by any third party without Licensor’s prior written consent; (I) copy, republish, upload, post, or transmit the Software in any way; (J) attack or attempt to undermine the security, integrity, authentication, or intended operation of the Software; (K) use the software to create a competitive offering or any other software, products, or technologies; (L) share or publish the results of any benchmarking of the Software without Licensor’s prior written consent; or (M) assign the EULA, or any right or obligation under the EULA, or designate any performance, without Licensor’s prior written consent.
- You shall not use, export, import or transfer the Software except as authorized by U.S. law, the laws of the jurisdiction in which you obtained the Software and any other applicable laws. In particular, but without limitation, the Software may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any United States embargoed countries, or (b) to anyone of the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using the Software, you represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. You also will not use the Software for any purpose prohibited by U.S. law, including the development, design, manufacture or production of missiles, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons. You acknowledge and agree that products, services or technology provided by Rekor are subject to the export control laws and regulations of the United States. You shall comply with these laws and regulations and shall not, without prior U.S. government authorization, export, re-export, or transfer the Software, or any portion thereof, either directly or indirectly, to any country in violation of such laws and regulations.
- If you are a U.S. government entity, you acknowledge that any Software provided are "Commercial Items" as defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101, and are being provided as commercial computer software subject to the restricted rights described in 48 C.F.R. 2.101 and 12.212.
- If the Software is a pre-release or beta version, you are not permitted to use or otherwise rely on the Software for any commercial purposes.
- You understand that the Software is evolving. As a result, Rekor may require you to accept updates to the Software that you have installed. You acknowledge and agree that Rekor may update the Software with or without notifying you. You may need to update third-party software from time to time in order to use the Software.
- It is your responsibility to ascertain and obey all applicable local, state, federal and international laws in regard to the collection, use, and storage of license plate data. By using the Software, you represent that the Software will be used only in a lawful manner. If the Software cannot be used lawfully in your jurisdiction (including cases where the Software processes, transmits, or retains data that would violate local laws), you must discontinue use of the Software immediately. Rekor is not liable for your use of license plate recognition technology in an unlawful manner.
- Rekor will not provide you with any tangible copy of the Software or deliver any tangible media in connection with the (i) delivery, installation, updating or problem resolution of any Software (including new releases) or (ii) delivery, correction, or updating of documentation.
- If you purchase maintenance and support for the Software, such services are identified in the applicable Order and will be provided under a separate service agreement.
- You may terminate the EULA (A) at any time for convenience by providing written notice to Licensor or (B) for a material breach of this EULA by Licensor that Licensor fails to cure within thirty (30) days following its receipt of your notice of breach. Licensor may terminate this EULA immediately and without prior notice if you fail to comply with any term or condition of this EULA or if Licensor or any reseller from which you have purchased Software or hardware on which the Software is loaded does not receive timely payment for the licenses granted hereunder. When the EULA terminates, all licenses granted automatically terminate and you must immediately cease use of the Software and return or destroy all copies of the Software.
- Licensor does not warrant that the use of the Software shall meet Licensee’s requirements or that the operation of the Software shall be uninterrupted or error free.
- Licensor warrants that for the thirty (30) days from the date Licensee first installs the Software (the “Warranty Period”), the Software shall materially conform to the documentation intended by Licensor to be used by customers pertaining to a product (e.g., user manuals, training manuals) (the “Documentation”). Licensor’s entire liability and Licensee’s entire remedy under this warranty shall be, at Licensor’s election, to: (i) use reasonable efforts to correct any material nonconformities discovered and reported within the Warranty Period; (ii) replace the nonconforming Software or (iii) refund license fees paid for such Software upon return of the Software to Licensor. ANY REFUND PROVIDED HEREUNDER SHALL BE DEEMED A REVOCATION OF THE LICENSE GRANTED FOR SUCH REFUNDED SOFTWARE AND SHALL BE LICENSOR’S ENTIRE LIABILITY AND LICENSEE’S ENTIRE REMEDY FOR REJECTION OF THE SOFTWARE. The remedies specified herein only apply if (a) Licensor is notified in writing of the nonconformities within the Warranty Period, (b) Licensor’s examination of the Software confirms that such nonconformities exist, and (c) the Software has not been (1) altered or modified; (2) subjected to negligence, or computer or electrical malfunctions, or accident; or (3) used, adjusted or installed other than in accordance with the Documentation at the allowable site as may be designated on the Order.
- EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN SECTION 16 IMMEDIATELY ABOVE, THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. LICENSOR EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- LICENSOR SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY TO LICENSEE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF THE SALE OR DELIVERY OF THE SOFTWARE, THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE OR THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUPPORT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF LICENSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE LIABILITY OF LICENSOR FOR DIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SALE OR DELIVERY OF THE SOFTWARE, THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE OR THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUPPORT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OR FEES PAID TO LICENSOR FOR THE SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH WHICH SUCH DIRECT DAMAGES WERE INCURRED. LICENSEE ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THE PRICE TERMS OF THE OFFER DEPEND IN PART UPON THIS EXCLUSION OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY.
- This agreement shall be governed by, and construed and enforced in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland excluding the laws of Maryland relating to the resolution of conflict of laws of different jurisdictions, and where applicable, with the federal law of the United States. The forum selected for any proceeding or suit related to this agreement or otherwise arising out of Licensee’s use of the Software shall be in the State of Maryland. Licensee hereby consents to the foregoing courts’ personal jurisdiction over it. This is intended to be a mandatory, and not a permissive, forum selection provision.
- You acknowledge and agree that Rekor may issue a press release announcing that Rekor is providing you the Software. Rekor may also describe the nature of this relationship in our promotional materials, presentations, and proposals to Rekor’s current and prospective customers.
- You agree not to use the Software to generate Operational Data from a camera manufactured by companies headquartered in the People’s Republic of China (“Prohibited Camera”). Rekor shall not be responsible for damages and losses arising out of your use of a Prohibited Camera.
Terms of Service
These Terms of Service (the “Terms of Service” and/or “Terms”) contain the legal terms and conditions between Rekor Recognition Systems, Inc. (“Rekor”, “we”, “our” or “us”) and you. Rekor is the owner of OpenALPR, openalpr.com, cloud.openalpr.com, Rekor Blue and all associated brands, trademarks, and affiliated entities of OpenALPR. These Terms govern your use of and access to https://cloud.openalpr.com and any related sites (the “Site”) and our online-accessible Software, Documentation, Forums, and Content and other related Rekor services (in conjunction with the Site, the “Services”). Please review these Terms of Service carefully before using the Services.
If you have entered into a separate written agreement with us for specific services, then the terms of that agreement control to the extent any of them conflict with these Terms.
By using the Services, clicking on the “I Agree” checkbox, completing the registration process, and/or browsing the Site, you represent that (1) you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by the Terms of Service, (2) you are of legal age to form a binding contract with Rekor, and (3) you have the authority to enter into the Terms of Service personally or on behalf of the company or other organization you have named as the user, and to bind that entity to these Terms of Service. In the event you are agreeing to these Terms of Service on behalf of a company or organization, “you” and “your” will refer to the entity you are representing.
Your use of, and participation in, certain Services may be subject to additional terms (“Supplemental Terms”) and such Supplemental Terms will be presented to you for your acceptance when you sign up to use the supplemental Services. If these Terms of Service are inconsistent with the Supplemental Terms, the Supplemental Terms shall control with respect to such supplemental Services to the extent of the inconsistency. The Terms of Service and any applicable Supplemental Terms are referred to herein as the “Terms of Service” and/or “Terms."
1.1 Rekor May Discontinue the Services
Rekor may choose to modify or discontinue the Services, including any portions of the Services as we update our offerings and add more features. We may stop, suspend, or modify the Services at any time without prior notice to you.
1.2 Rekor May Modify These Terms
Rekor may update these Terms from time to time. The most current version of these Terms will be posted on the Site. When changes are made, Rekor will make a new copy of the Terms available at the Site and any new Supplemental Terms will be made available from within, or through, the affected Services on the Site. We will also update the “Last Updated” date at the top of the Terms of Service. Any changes to the Terms will be effective immediately for new users of the Services and, for all other users, any changes to the Terms will be effective thirty (30) days after posting notice of such changes on the Site, or within or through the affected Services on the Site, as applicable. If we determine in our sole discretion that an update is material, we will notify you through the Services and/or by email to the email address associated with the Administrator (defined below) for your account. We may also inform you of updates to the Terms in our blogs. We may require you to provide consent to the updated Terms in a specified manner before further use of the Services is permitted. If you do not agree to any change(s) after receiving a notice of such change(s), you shall stop using the Services. Otherwise, your continued use of the Services constitutes your acceptance of such change(s). Please check the Site regularly to view our then-current Terms.
1.3 Legal Use of License Plate Recognition
It is your responsibility to ascertain and obey all applicable local, state, federal and international laws in regard to the collection, use, and storage of License Plate Data. By subscribing to the Services, you represent that the Services will be used only in a lawful manner. If the Services cannot be used lawfully in your jurisdiction (including cases where the Services process, transmit, or retain data that would violate local laws), you must discontinue use of the Services immediately. Rekor is not liable for your use of license plate recognition technology in an unlawful manner.
1.5 Your Account
In registering for the Services, you agree to (1) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by our registration form (“Registration Data”); and (2) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. You represent that you are not a person barred from using the Services under the laws of the United States, your place of residence or any other applicable jurisdiction. You agree not to create an account using a false identity or information. You agree not to create an account or use the Services if you have been previously removed by Rekor, or if you have been previously banned from any of the Services. It is your responsibility to safeguard the login and password that you use to access the Services and the Forums and you agree not to share your login and password with any third party, including not sharing your login amongst two or more users. You are responsible for any activity originating from your account, regardless of whether such activity is authorized by you. You should notify Rekor immediately of any unauthorized use of your account.
1.6 Use of the Rekor Services
Subject to compliance with these Terms of Service, Rekor grants to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferrable, non-sub-licensable right to access and use the Services for your internal business purposes. Unless otherwise specified by Rekor in a separate license, your right to use the Services is subject to the Terms.
- Updates. You understand that the Services are evolving. You acknowledge and agree that Rekor may update the Services with or without notifying you. You may need to update third-party software from time to time to use the Services.
- Free Trials and Other Promotions. Any free trial or other promotion that provides you with free access to commercial services (defined below) must be used within the specified time of the trial. At the end of the trial period, your use of that Commercial Service will expire, and any further use of such Commercial Service is prohibited unless you pay the applicable fees or are downgraded to a free account.
1.7 Certain Restrictions
The rights granted to you in the Terms are subject to the following restrictions: You may not (i) copy, modify, host, sublicense or resell the Services; (ii) frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other Rekor Services (including images, text, page layout or form) of Rekor; (iii) use metatags or other “hidden text” using Rekor’s name or trademarks or the name or trademarks of Rekor’s affiliates (including but not limited to OpenALPR); (iv) modify, translate, adapt, merge, make derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Services except to the extent the foregoing restrictions are expressly prohibited by applicable law; (v) use any manual or automated software devices or other processes (including but not limited to spiders, robots, scrapers, crawlers, avatars, data mining tools or the like) to “scrape” or download data from any web pages contained in the Site, except that we grant the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials; (vi) access the Services in order to build a similar or competitive website, application or services; (vii) remove or destroy any copyright notices or other proprietary markings contained on or in the Services; (viii) access or attempt to access the Services by any means other than what Rekor provides or expressly allows; (ix) modify, adapt or hack the Services or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Services, Rekor, or any other Rekor service; (x) reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Services, use of the Services, or access to the Services, without the express written permission by Rekor; (xi) transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature; or circumvent any use restrictions put into place to prevent certain uses of the Services; (xii) violate any intellectual property right of any third party or behave in a manner that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of our Community Guidelines; (xiii) misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; (xiv) attempt to disable, impair, or destroy the Services or disrupt or inhibit any other user from using the Services; (xv) market or advertise through the Services; (xvi) use any data mining or similar data gathering and extraction methods in connection with the Services; or (xvii) use the Services to violate any applicable law.
1.8 Availability of the Services
Information describing the Services is accessible worldwide, but this does not mean the Services or certain portions of the Services are available in your country. We may restrict access to portions of the Services in certain countries. It is your responsibility to make sure your use of the Services is legal in the country where you reside. The Services may not be available in all languages. If at Rekor’s reasonable determination, you are using the Services in a manner that violates laws, creates an excessive burden or potential adverse impact on Rekor’s Services in addition to any of its other rights or remedies, Rekor may, without liability to Rekor, immediately suspend your access to the Services.
1.9 Your Data
- User Option to Encrypt. Rekor allows you to encrypt the transmission of your Data. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to encrypt the transmission of your Data should you wish to protect it. In the event you decide not to utilize encryption and transmit your Data unencrypted over a network, you assume all related risks for doing so. Rekor will not be liable for any liabilities arising from your use of the Services (including your transmission of Data) over the internet or other network.
1.10 Operational Data and De-Identified Data
1.11 Rekor Stores Your Data in the United States
Rekor provides the Services from the United States. By using and accessing the Services, you understand and agree to the storage and processing of your Data and any other information you choose to provide in the United States. Rekor reserves the right to store and process your Data and any other information you choose to provide outside of the United States and will endeavor to give you 30 days’ notice in the event of such a change.
1.12 Rekor Proprietary Rights
Except with respect to your Data and your User Content (defined below), you agree that Rekor and our suppliers own all rights, title and interest in the Services. The Services and other technology that may be used to provide the Services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and foreign countries. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Services. These terms do not grant you any right, title, or interest in any of the Services or any Content other than your Data and your User Content. These Terms do not grant you any rights to use the Rekor trademarks, logos, domain names, or other brand features or the trademarks, logos, domain names, or other brand features of Rekor’s affiliates (including but not limited to OpenALPR).
1.13 Your Feedback
We appreciate your ideas, comments, suggestions, documents and/or proposals (“Feedback”). You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to submit the Feedback and you hereby grant Rekor a fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, and fully sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, perform, display, distribute, adapt, modify, re-format, create derivative works of, and otherwise commercially or non-commercially exploit in any manner, any and all Feedback.
2.1 Rekor Forums
Your Rekor account provides you access to the Rekor Community Forums and other public areas on the Services (collectively, the “Forums”). By accessing the Forums, you acknowledge that you are solely liable and responsible for how you use the Forums, as well as any damages that may result from the disclosure of your User Content. You also acknowledge that it is possible that you will be exposed to User Content from others that you may consider offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable. Views expressed on the Forums do not necessarily reflect Rekor’s views. Rekor does not endorse User Content posted by you or others. Certain User Content from others may be incorrectly labeled, rated, or categorized.
- License to Your Content. You grant Rekor a fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable right (including any moral rights) and license to use, license, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform, and publicly display, User Content (in whole or in part) for the purposes of operating and providing the Services to you. Please remember that other users may search for, see, use, modify and reproduce any of your User Content that you submit to any Forum or other “public” areas of the Services. You warrant that the holder of any worldwide intellectual property right, including moral rights, in your User Content, has completely and effectively waived all such rights and validly and irrevocably granted to you the right to grant the license stated above. You agree that you, not Rekor, are responsible for all of your User Content.
- No Obligation to Pre-Screen User Content. You acknowledge that Rekor has no obligation to pre-screen any information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, video, messages, tags or other materials submitted by you or other users (“User Content”) posted or otherwise made available by users and accessible through the Services (“Rekor Content”), although we reserve the right in our sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse or remove any User Content. By entering into the Terms, you provide your irrevocable consent to such monitoring. You acknowledge and agree that you have no expectation of privacy concerning the transmission of your User Content and that we reserve the right to remove any User Content that violates the Terms or is otherwise objectionable. In the event that we pre-screen, refuse or remove any User Content, you acknowledge that we will do so for our benefit, not yours.
- Storage. Unless expressly agreed by Rekor in a separate written agreement between the parties, we have no obligation to store any of your User Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available on or through the Services. We have no responsibility or liability for the deletion or accuracy of any User Content, including the failure to store, transmit or receive transmission of your User Content; or the security, privacy, storage or transmission of other communications originating with or involving use of the Services.
2.2 Commercial Services
Rekor offers several types of paid Commercial Services.
Technical support is only provided to users of Commercial Services based on your specific purchased Services. If you are using the Services via a Free account, Rekor provides support via the Forums and access to Rekor installation guides and other documentation related to the Services.
2.4 Account Administrators
You may specify end users as "Administrators" through the administrative console of the Services. Administrators may have the ability to access, disclose, restrict or remove Data in or from Services accounts. Administrators may also have the ability to monitor, restrict, or terminate access to Services accounts for their end users. Rekor responsibilities do not extend to your internal management or administration of the Services. You are responsible for: (i) maintaining the confidentiality of passwords of your account and any Administrator accounts; (ii) managing access to Administrator accounts; and (iii) ensuring that Administrators' use of the Services complies with this agreement.
2.5 Unauthorized Use & Access
You will prevent unauthorized use of the Services by your Administrators and your end users and terminate any unauthorized use of or access to the Services. You will promptly notify Rekor of any unauthorized use of or access to the Services.
2.6 Third Party Technology
The Services may contain links to third-party websites or technology (for example, we may host a library of plugins created by entities other than Rekor) (“Third-Party Technology”). Rekor does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for the products or services provided by such third parties. Rekor is not responsible for the operation or functionality of such Third-Party Technology. You are solely responsible for your use of any Third-Party Technology. In addition, we may provide you with software governed by an open source license. If there are provisions in those open source licenses that expressly conflict with these Terms, the relevant open source license terms will apply. ANY THIRD-PARTY TECHNOLOGY DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE REKOR PROPERTY IS DONE SO AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR AND HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION WITH RESPECT TO ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, INTERNET ACCESS, DOWNLOAD OR DISPLAY DEVICE, OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH THIRD-PARTY TECHNOLOGY.
You agree to indemnify and hold Rekor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees, resellers or other partners and licensors harmless from any claim, demand, loss, or damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or related to your Data, or the use thereof, including but not limited to allegations that any processing of your Data by Rekor and/or you under this Agreement violates any applicable law or regulation, or infringes the privacy or intellectual property rights of a third party, your User Content, your use of the Services, your violation of these terms, or your violation of any law.
4. The Service is Available “AS-IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY.
REKOR PROVIDES THE REKOR SERVICES “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. REKOR PROVIDES OUR SERVICES WITHOUT EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. WE ALSO DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Rekor makes no warranty or condition that the Rekor properties will meet your requirements or be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free. Rekor makes no warranty or condition that results obtained from your use of the Services will be accurate or reliable or that any errors in the Services will be corrected. Rekor will have no responsibility for any harm to your computer system, loss or corruption of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of the Services. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you in connection with your use of the Services shall create any warranty not expressly stated in these Terms. FROM TIME TO TIME, REKOR MAY OFFER NEW “BETA” FEATURES OR TOOLS WITH WHICH USERS MAY EXPERIMENT. SUCH FEATURES OR TOOLS ARE OFFERED SOLELY FOR EXPERIMENTAL PURPOSES AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, AND MAY BE MODIFIED OR DISCONTINUED AT ANY TIME AT OUR SOLE DISCRETION. THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION APPLY WITH FULL FORCE TO SUCH FEATURES AND TOOLS. Some states do not allow the types of disclaimers in this paragraph, so they may not apply to you.
5. CarCheck Charges (if applicable)
User is responsible for all charges resulting from services and or goods provided under this Agreement. These charges are inclusive of the user base monthly plan, plus any recognition overages. Recognition overages are the quantity of the recognitions captured, which are above the quantity of recognitions included in the user base monthly plan. Recognition overages shall be billed at a rate of $0.10, for each recognition over the user base monthly plan recognition quantity. Rekor reserves the right to adjust the base monthly plan rate and the recognition overage rate.
6. Rekor's Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL REKOR , ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS, OR PROFITS) DAMAGES, REGARDLESS OF LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT REKOR HAS BEEN WARNED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. REKOR ’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO THE SERVICES, THE SITE, THE AGENTS AND THE FORUMS WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF FIFTY U.S. DOLLARS (U.S. $50) OR THE AMOUNTS YOU PAID TO REKOR IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE INCIDENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN REKOR AND YOU. Some states do not allow the types of limitations in this paragraph, so they may not apply to you.
We reserve the right to suspend or cease providing the Services or any portion of the Services, at any time, with or without cause, and with or without notice. We may suspend or terminate your use of the Services if you are not complying with these Terms, or if you use the Services in any way that could cause us legal liability or disrupt others’ use of the Services. If we suspend or terminate your use, we will try to let you know in advance. If you want to terminate the Services at any time, you may do so by (a) notifying Rekor and (b) closing your account for the Services that you use. Your written notice should be sent to Rekor’s address set forth in the Notice section below or to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Effect of Termination
Termination of any Services includes removal of access to such Services and barring of further use of the Services. Termination of all Services also includes deletion of your password and all related information, files and data associated with or inside your account, including your Data. Upon termination of any Services, your right to use such Services will automatically terminate immediately. You understand that any termination of the Services may involve deletion of your Data associated therewith from our live databases. Rekor will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any suspension or termination, including for deletion of your Data. All provisions of these Terms, which by their nature should survive, shall survive termination of the Services, including without limitation ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers and limitations of liability.
9. Electronic Communications
The communications between you and Rekor use electronic means, whether you visit the Services or send us e-mails, or whether we post notices on the Services or communicate with you via e-mail. For contractual purposes, you (a) consent to receive communications from us in an electronic form; and (b) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were to be in writing. Your consent in this section does not affect your statutory rights.
Where Rekor requires that you provide an e-mail address, you are responsible for providing us with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address you provided to us is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you any notices required/permitted by the Terms, our dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice. You may give notice to us at the following address: Rekor Recognition Systems, Inc., 6712 Columbia Gateway Drive, Suite 400, Maryland 21046. Such notice shall be deemed given when received by Rekor by letter delivered by nationally recognized overnight delivery service or first-class postage prepaid mail at the above address.
11. Export Control
You may not use, export, import or transfer the Services except as authorized by United States of America law (“U.S.”), law the laws of the jurisdiction in which you obtained the Services and any other applicable laws. In particular, but without limitation, the Services may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any United States embargoed countries, or (b) to anyone of the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Person’s List or Entity List. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. You also will not use the Services for any purpose prohibited by U.S. law, including the development, design, manufacture or production of missiles, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons. You acknowledge and agree that products, services or technology provided by Rekor are subject to the export control laws and regulations of the United States. You shall comply with these laws and regulations and shall not, without prior U.S. government authorization, export, re-export, or transfer the Services, or any portion thereof, either directly or indirectly, to any country in violation of such laws and regulations.
12. Government Use
If you are a U.S. government entity, you acknowledge that any Services provided are "Commercial Items" as defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101, and are being provided as commercial computer software subject to the restricted rights described in 48 C.F.R. 2.101 and 12.212.
13. Governing Law and Venue
The Terms and any action related thereto will be governed and interpreted by and under the law of the State of Maryland, without giving effect to any principles that provide for the application of the law of another jurisdiction. The forum selected for any proceeding or suit related to this agreement or otherwise arising out of Licensee’s use of the Software shall be in the State of Maryland. Licensee hereby consents to the foregoing courts’ personal jurisdiction over it. This is intended to be a mandatory, and not a permissive, forum selection provision.
14. General Terms
These Terms constitute the entire and exclusive agreement between Rekor and you with respect to the Services and supersede and replace any other agreements, terms and conditions applicable to the Services unless in writing and signed by both parties. Purchase orders placed by you shall be for the sole purpose of specifying the Commercial Services that you wish to purchase. Any other terms stated in any purchase order delivered to Rekor by you, other than pursuant to an order form supplied by Rekor, shall have no effect. These Terms create no third-party beneficiary rights. Rekor’s failure to enforce a provision is not a waiver of its right to do so later. If a provision is found unenforceable the remaining provisions of the agreement will remain in full effect and an enforceable term will be substituted reflecting our intent as closely as possible. You may not assign any of your rights in these Terms, and any such attempt is void, but Rekor may assign its rights to any of its affiliates or subsidiaries, or to any successor in interest of any business associated with the Services. You and Rekor are not legal partners or agents; but rather we have an independent contractor relationship. Rekor will not be responsible for any failure to perform or delay in performing any of its obligations under these Terms where and to the extent that such failure or delay results directly or indirectly from an event beyond Rekor’s reasonable control.
15. Copyright Infringement
Rekor respects the intellectual property rights of others and we expect our users to do the same. We respond to notices of copyright infringement consistent with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). If you believe that your work has been infringed in connection with the Services or access to your Content was disabled or removed by Rekor as a result of an improper copyright infringement notice, please notify email@example.com.
16. Press Release and Marketing Materials
You acknowledge and agree that Rekor may issue a press release announcing that Rekor is providing you the Services. Rekor may also describe the nature of this relationship in our promotional materials, presentations, and proposals to Rekor’s current and prospective customers.
17. Equipment Use Restriction
You agree not to use the Services to generate Operational Data from a camera manufactured by companies headquartered in the People’s Republic of China (“Prohibited Camera”). Rekor shall not be responsible for damages and losses arising out of your use of a Prohibited Camera.
18. Powered by Rekor
You agree to prominently display the phrase “Powered by Rekor” within any software derivatives or applications utilizing the outputs from the Services.